Tuesday 22 June 2010

Welcome!

During the next 5 weeks I will be cycling around France with a variety of people, and sometimes alone! My Tour De France starts on the 25th June and I return on the 28th July. During this time I aim to cover just under 3000 miles cycling clockwise around France.

I will start from Calais and cycle south to Dijon. Frome here I head south west to the Alps. I will cycle almost the full length of the alps with the aim of climbing many famous mountain passes, in particular the Alp D'Huez 23 bends and also Mt.Ventoux. The Col De L'Iseran will also be another challenge, although I have done most of it during my time in Val D'Isere this winter but never had the oppertunity to make it to the top due to snow! I will then travel up the Ardeche and head West to Carcasonne. From there I aim to take in the Pyrenees and see plenty of the real Tour de France. I will hopefully be present on the summit of The Tourmalet when the tour reaches its' climax on the 17th Stage.

Joining me on my journey is my Dad (Simon) for the 1st week and also a friend from the bike shop I have been working in during my gap year, Alex Nowakowski, for the last 10 days. For the middle 15 days I will be alone unless there is anyone who fancies joining me?

Right, better continue packing! I will update the blog as often as possible from internet cafes in France.

A bientot!

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with big climbs. Alpe d'Huez is second gear in the car all the way!

    ReplyDelete